Correlation between sound level and Carbon Monoxide concentration
- Lesson Plans
- Correlation between sound level and Carbon Monoxide concentration
- Does the gas sensor data suggest a correlation between sound and carbon monoxide and how do you explain it?
- Suggest ways we could reduce carbon monoxide levels at school in the morning.
- Carbon monoxide is poisonous to humans and created by car engines.
Task 1: Analysing Data
- What time of day are carbon monoxide levels the highest around the school building?
- How does this finding correlate with sound levels around the school?
Task 2: Group Work:
- Students split into three groups, and each group assigned a specific task.
- Group 1: Key question: How can the average citizen cope with the problem?
- Group 2: Key question: What could local government do about the problem?
- Group 3: Conduct internet research on new technologies that could help resolve the problem?
- All groups present their findings on a poster.